One of the most dramatic trees to be found on Connolly’s Plot island, where British foresters planted a forest that is now of exceptional stature
- State: Kerala
- Locality: Nillambur: On right after bridge onto the island at Connolly’s Plot
- Common name: Kajoolaboo: This tree of tropical Asia and Australia grows to immense proportions, and is famously found growing picturesquely over the ruins of Angor Wat in Cambodia
- Botanical species: Tetrameles nudiflora
- Botanical family : Tetramelaceae [Tetramela]
- Latitude: 11.268881 ° north of the Equator
- Longitude: 76.206223 ° east of the Prime Meridian
- Altitude: 24.8 metres above sea level
You can see an overview map of all of the trees landmarked on the Maps page.
Click an attribute icon to learn more:
Zoom out (-) to locate this tree on Earth, or view Location Map
Zoom in (+) to see the tree crown, or view Aerial Image Map
- A West Coast Jungle Triangle
- Path : From Bangalore to the Western Ghats at Bandipur and Ooty, and Agumbe Rainforest, and then down the coast from Udupi to Calicut and back to Bangalore via Nilambur
- Date photographed: 24.11.09
You can discover other trees in Landmark Trees of India with searches by journey , species , family , attributes , state, or locality .
You can also follow external information links:
Landmark Trees of India: An outreach ecology project
For the landmarked tree named Connolly’s Tetrameles , the database reference code is: k051.
You can translate this page into Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, or fifty other languages at Google Translate:
© Outreach Ecology.com / YD Bar-Ness 2012 / Enjoy!