The Circus Palm
A coconut palm frames a view of the Circus grounds on the riverbanks in central Pune.
- State: Maharashtra
- Locality: Pune: At a bridge across the river in central Pune
- Common name: Coconut Palm or Nariyal: The famous coconut tree, used for food and materials throughout the tropics, grows naturally in coastal regions worldwide
- Botanical species: Cocos nucifera
- Botanical family : Arecaceae [Palm]
- Latitude: 18.514325 ° north of the Equator
- Longitude: 73.84460833 ° east of the Prime Meridian
- Altitude: 550.5 metres above sea level
You can see an overview map of all of the trees landmarked on the Maps page.
Click an attribute icon to learn more:
Zoom out (-) to locate this tree on Earth, or view Location Map
Zoom in (+) to see the tree crown, or view Aerial Image Map
- Shooting Southwards
- Path : From Mumbai inland to Maharashtra, then south into Andhra and Karnataka and coastal Tamil Nadu
- Date photographed: 13.01.09
You can discover other trees in Landmark Trees of India with searches by journey , species , family , attributes , state, or locality .
You can also follow external information links:
Landmark Trees of India: An outreach ecology project
For the landmarked tree named The Circus Palm , the database reference code is: d028.
You can translate this page into Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, or fifty other languages at Google Translate:
© Outreach Ecology.com / YD Bar-Ness 2012 / Enjoy!